Mail Order Information
Although our intention was to only ship bare root hosta, we are now shipping
other plants. Our shipping rates below are a guideline for orders of small to
medium sized bare root plants and a small quantity of larger plants. If your
order is comprised of all larger bare root hosta for example, we will charge
actual shipping and cartoning. Most plants are shipped bare root, including
clematis, and do so successfully. Garden Markers and potted plants including
conifers will be shipped at actual costs. Thanks for understanding.
When you order hosta, they are dug the day of or the day before shipping and
carefully packaged bare root- that is, all the soil is removed and the roots are
washed. The bare roots are wrapped in damp paper towels and secured in plastic.
Finally the plant is wrapped in newspaper to protect the foliage and
carefully cartoned. We have no minimum order size, however, we do have a
standard shipping charge. See below for information on shipping rates.
We ship only within the continental United States and generally via UPS and
- For orders shipped within our region (IA, IL, MI, MN, ND, SD, WI):
- $ 12.95 for up to 7 plants plus $ 1.50 per each plant over 7.
- For orders to the rest of the continental US:
- $ 15.95 for up to 7 plants plus $ 1.50 per each plant over 7.
- Garden markers will be charged
- actual shipping costs + $ 1.25 for the packaging.
If you need to cancel or make changes to orders after they have been
mailed, we will need to charge you for postage and any plant losses that
may be incurred while being shipped back.
Garden markers will be charged actual shipping costs + $ 1.25 for the
* The Post Office now offers email notification of package departure
as well as the package tracking number. If you would like this service,
be sure to provide your Email address.
(Email address is required for electronic submissions.)